An exclusive Character Chatting site for the very best of Inkpop.

You are not connected. Please login or register

MINECRAFT.

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 MINECRAFT. on Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:33 am

I realised I never got to tell Bonez how to make an underwater tunnel...And I know that some of you don't know anything about Minecraft, and would feel left out with us geeking up the chatbox.

So....

MINECHAT.
Yeah. Minecraft nerdiness...In one glourious location. A wonderful place to discuss...well...Minecraft. Yeah.

How to construct an underwater tunnel.
1. Collect a crap tonne of gravel. Like...A whole large trunk's worth of gravel.
2. Collect a similarly large amount of whatever you actually want the tunnel to be constructed out of. (I personally like glass, but...other blocks work too.)
3. FIND a body of water that has another piece of land relatively close to it...
4. Start stacking Gravel along the shore of the first land mass. It can protrude above the water at this point, and you generally want it to be about three cubes high as a minimum, so that your head and all potential minecarts will fit comfortably.
a. Fill in the WHOLE new tunnel with gravel, or else you will get flooding.
5. Continue building the stacks of Gravel outward and into the water. As the water deepens, you no longer will have the need to make the gravel surpass water level. Repeat until you reach the other land mass.
6. Once complete, go in with your tunnel block of choice and lay one layer of cubing around the whole tunnel. so...It'll be like a klondike bar, with gravel as your ice cream, and whatever you chose as your outer layer as the chocolatey outer layer.
7. Go back to that one section on the original land mass that protruded a little bit. Start digging out all the gravel. Be careful to not accidentally flood your tunnel by breaking that crunchy outer layer. If you do flood it, you can just patch it with a cube, no harm done.
8. re line the ocean floor with cobblestone, or a block of your choosing.

Ok. Nerdiness. GO!

2 Re: MINECRAFT. on Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:56 pm

That. That is excellent.

...Gods, I wanna play Minecraft soooo badlyyyyyyy...must obtain...

3 Re: MINECRAFT. on Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:41 pm

ßøn∑z

OMG MINECRAFT FTW.

I love that game <3
Just finished playing it with my brother. I was waiting for my furnace to create Stone and got bored, so I demolished by very first noob castle. Ten mud blocks high, ten mud blocks wide. Prettiful. But its gone now </3

http://dreamcharacterchats.canadian-forum.com

4 Re: MINECRAFT. on Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:42 pm

ßøn∑z

OH.
And don't you HATE it when you're mining, and you hit a brick under you, and you suddenly fall into a pit of lava.
OMG I HATE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS >.<

5 Re: MINECRAFT. on Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:46 pm

Dude. Story of my life. Was in mine. Lava...On one side. Redstone below me...Tried to collect redstone...FELL TO FIREY LAVA DEATH.
I was so irritated. And Mah Diamond pickaxe and everything...GAH. AND since I was in my mines that you had to go through the underworld to get to...I had to frikkin HIKE all the way back from some spawn point like 2 kilometres away.
/rant.

6 Re: MINECRAFT. on Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:48 pm

ßøn∑z

OMFG. That sucks worse than me. A diamond pickaxe too? UGHHH.
For mining lately, all I've needed is cobblestone and coal, so I just make like 20 wooden pickaxes. Pretty awesome xD
Is the update (1.7) any good? Like, a big difference?
And oh, what are some good skins to get? And texture packs?
/geeeekkk.

7 Re: MINECRAFT. on Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:52 pm

Dude. Upgrade to stone pickaxe ASAP. And Iron if you can find it. The wood will get you nowhere...well, I mean...It'll get you somewhere, but...not far.
Have not made shears yet...So, really I dunno. That was the biggest change for me- the shears.
I have not tampered with skins, because I have not been in any servers outside my brother's...You can get customizable ones off teh google though, and do it yourself In MS Paint...
Also, Reccomend getting an inventory editor...for when you fall in lava and had like...34 lapis lazuli and 46 redstone and a metric craptonne of obsidian. It's helpful. I use INVEdit...

8 Re: MINECRAFT. on Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:58 pm

ßøn∑z

Yeah, I know. I only use it when just getting cobblestone and coal. For everything else, I use iron pickaxes.
I haven't gotten the update yet. I don't want it because it seems easier just to hit a sheep and get wool instead of having to make something for it.

Ah. I just get some off this website. I forget the name, but it works well. Currently I have the Snooki skin Wink

I don't know what an inventory editor is. Explanation for the noob, please?

9 Re: MINECRAFT. on Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:01 pm

Inventory editor- allows you to get craptonnes of fun things...without the mining. You can literally edit your inventory. It's sorta cheaty...So use with caution. I only use it to replenish crap I lose to lava. BECAUSE LAVA...MAKES MY SOUL HURT...Even though it looks great as a lamp...
(I can tell you how to make lava lamp too, if you want. It is a multi story set up though...)

10 Re: MINECRAFT. on Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:07 pm

ßøn∑z

Yes, it does sound cheaty, but I'll probably get it when I'm more advanced. I'm semi-noob stage right now.
Please explain the lava lamp, if its not too much!

And also, do you have the app Canary if you've got an iPod?
If not, GET IT! It tells you excellent recipes, some simple and some complex, for crafting and they are all in categories.

11 Re: MINECRAFT. on Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:16 pm

Sure thing-

Lava lamp AN INSTRUCTIONAL GUIDE!!
1. get some buckets. Like...3 should do.
2. Put lava in buckets. Stash these in your inventory for later.
3. MAKE A TON OF GLASS.
4. While your glass is being fired in your furnace, find a place where you want your lava lamp. About a square 2x2 is going to be the minimum for the amount of lava. You'll need an extra ring of 1 cube around that set of 2x2 for your glass walls. Make sure that your floor and ceiling are not made of wood.
4.a. if they are made of wood...Change that, but leave the hole in your ceiling. It should be a three by three hole.
5. go get your glass, and make a one cube ring around the edge of your 2x2 area. Do this until you are 1 block below your ceiling.
6. Dump the lava buckets into the hollow glass column.
7. Cobblestone it shut.
8. Go downstairs and admire.

12 Re: MINECRAFT. on Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:18 pm

ßøn∑z

Woah. That sounds super awesome. I'm totally saving those and doing that in my new house.
My walls are stone and my floor+ceiling is wood; is that OK?

13 Re: MINECRAFT. on Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:21 pm

Dude...Floors made of wood do not go good with TEH LAVA. As long as you cobblestone the Lava location, all should be good...And as for the roof...Watch out for explosions. Wood explodes easier than cobblestone...(I know because I love wood as a medium, and build ginormous art deco houses out of it...Then...an explosion happened...and I had to run about and rebuild.)

14 Re: MINECRAFT. on Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:56 pm

ßøn∑z

Yikes. I better avoid lava for a while then. Just being near it SCARES THE LIVING JEEBUS OUTTA ME.
*calms down.*
Oh-tey. Moving on...

1) Do you have a texture pack on? If so, which one?
2) What difficulty are you on?
3) Do you know when the legit game is coming out?!

15 Re: MINECRAFT. on Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:00 am

1) I have not discovered the wonderful world of texture packs yet.
2) I switch back and forth between Peaceful and Easy...I am an architect above all else really...And OCD as crap. Am eventually hoping to line my whole place with obsidian and then LET THE MONSTERS COME. (I actually have obsidian mines which make this a possibility for the near future...Smile )
3) No...But If I'm playing in offline mode it tells me to go get a liscenced copy...so...Whatever that tells you??

16 Re: MINECRAFT. on Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:06 am

ßøn∑z

1) I have recently gotten the game, so no. My brother has a very new computer that can handle HD texture packs, and if you decide to get one, get the Realistic Texture Pack. It makes water and wood look gorgeous!
2) I'm peaceful. NOOBITY NOOB. I had it on super hard when I first started and the monsters kept eating my mud 4x4s xD
3) I've heard it's coming out for Xbox in 2 years?

17 Re: MINECRAFT. on Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:12 am

Dude. The Xbox thing makes me so mad...for no real reason. I have heard the same...And...Well, doesn't that basically mean that it's going through Microsoft? (I have no Xbox, so I know virtually nothing about it.)
Easy isn't too bad...But the creepers exploded the mines I was in once...And I was all 'Y U HAVE STOLD MAH LIGHTS CREEPERS?' And...Yeah. Also...The spiders on my roof at night...Dude. I hate spiders. Will wait until I have a metric craptonne of stuff before doin' that again.
Have you gotten to the Netherworld yet?

18 Re: MINECRAFT. on Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:38 am

ßøn∑z

No! But I want to!
My brother showed me and I was like OMFG WTF IS DAT OMGGGG ITZZ PIG THING!
It was scurry >.<
Ah, I love Mincraft! <3 xD

How much diamond you got?

19 Re: MINECRAFT. on Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:50 am

Now since most recent death...Like 6 or so...But I have crazy awesome Only reachable through Nether Commute mines that go on...FOREVAR...I have been exploring for, literally three weeks, and they still haven't ended, and that's where mah diamondz come from. In peaceful there are no zombie pigs...And then you just have to watch out for the lava....Which is evil enough.

20 Re: MINECRAFT. on Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:23 am

dude. DUDE. Guess what I built today?

A FIREPLACE.

Netherrack lies though...Dude. It does not burn forevah. Which makes me dissappoint.

Off to figure out how to make it burn forevah...

EDIT: DUDE. Even though I lined my whole fireplace with cobblestone...Crap still caught fire. Am rebuilding one of my rooms as I type, and considering just relining all my houses with obsidian as I collect it, Just for the sake of convenience. Because rebuilding an art deco house in the middle of a thunderstorm with a waterfall going through your front window...SUCKS MAJORLY. So...Erm...Will say when I've got the bugs worked out on that 'How to'...But until then...Don't set yourself on fire.

Last edited by Ninjamort on Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : For Caution tag)

21 Re: MINECRAFT. on Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:41 pm

ßøn∑z

Lava is PURE evil, enough to scare me away from going into a Nether for a long time. I always end up forgetting to stash my inventory all into chests before mining these days and end up dying and losing it all! Gr.

And yesh, that DOES suck. Hmm, my brother has a fire place and it's burned forever. I wonder why yours hasn't? Maybe he is doing something else than what you are, or MODing.
UGHHH. Seriously? I HATE rain in general, but while you're rebuilding? Ugghhh.

Oh, today I am almost finished the first floor of my first not-noob house. It has wooden floors, stone walls, 20x20, and 10 blocks high. And that is the FIRST FLOOR.
Okey, maybe just a teeeensy bit still noobish, but, erm, I'm getting somewhere.

22 Re: MINECRAFT. on Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:45 pm

Ok. So I rebuilt, and am running three furnaces full of glass at the moment in preparation for the lava wall. I am full of excitement.

I also fixed my fireplace. You have to set it on fire RIGHT ON TOP of the netherrack. That's how it rolls. And make sure there is ABSOLUTELY NO WOOD around your fireplace...Like within a three block radius.
Have commenced the obsidian renovation. Dude. It's awesome looking.

I'm going to build lava panels into the walls...(evil grin.)

23 Re: MINECRAFT. on Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:48 pm

ßøn∑z

You can like, make walls with lava as long as they have a glass covering?
OMG OMG HOW?!?!?!?!?!!?!?
I <3 the look of obsidian! And glowstone is also super ugly in my opinion. Gag. So is Red Stone.

24 Re: MINECRAFT. on Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:58 pm

Instructions for wall of lava:

1. Have a house.
2. Pick your wall, then demolish that wall.
3. Rebuild that wall two bricks from where it was, using entirely nonflammable material.
4. HAVE CRAPTONS OF GLASS.
5. Leave the hole in the roof you will need that later.
5.a. Build yourself a way to get onto your roof easily.
6. HAVE LAVA BUCKETS.
7. Using your craptons of glass, rebuild the wall you demolished earlier in its original spot. YOu should have a one brick space between the wall you built and the wall of glass.
8. Get on your roof, and dump the lava buckets into the space, setting your lava source blocks a brick down from the roof.
9. Block off the hole in your roof.
10. GO STARE AT THE AWESOME.

Glowstone...Meh. I mean...I don't particularly love it, but it's useful. I make wierd chandeliers out of it in my mines...

25 Re: MINECRAFT. on Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:30 pm

Dude. Halfway through with Obsidianification of one room. Only like...6 more to go...Until I can go to my other house and start there too...Hate harvesting it though, It takes a crapton of time. Like 15 seconds per brick.

IT'S SO GORGEOUS THOUGH. TOTALLY WORTH IT.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum