An exclusive Character Chatting site for the very best of Inkpop.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The First Chat.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

101 Re: The First Chat. on Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:14 pm

Riddle:

T.Mor was going to get a mouthful when he got home, I was certain of it...And I was going to get a mouthful of silverware.

Ana sighed, and opened the door. "If he yells at me, I'm going to blame you all..." She said like she was five.

102 Re: The First Chat. on Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:19 pm

Leslie

"Go ahead," Peter said reassuringly. "But he's not going to yell. Like I said, we're friends of his."

He seemed good with people. Or at least good at coaxing people...which was odd, because he always seemed really annoyed by something. Or otherwise upset with whatever. What was with that?

He headed in after the girl, Ana; I followed.

103 Re: The First Chat. on Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:24 pm

Annaleah
I smiled lightly at Ana on the way in, but otherwised remained silent. Cricket followed, hair just barely out of his eyes for once.

104 Re: The First Chat. on Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:55 pm

Riddle:

I sat myself down at the kitchen table, taking the only real chair. "So...How's things?" I asked casually, hoping I wasn't already on my way to a reprimand.

"They're fine." Ana told me stiffly. She doesn't like me...at all. Something about my leeching off their misfortune...I dunno...I just ate their silverware...Nothing really...EVIL. Not like...THE OXYCLEAN MAN.

T.Mor:

The rest of my shift was pretty uneventful, but I felt like I was sitting on a bed of coals the whole time. I mean...If anyone came down and said the crematorium was working again...They'd notice the missing 'prisoners' immediately. But they didn't, and my paranoia was unnecessary.

I still tried to run home as fast as possible.

105 Re: The First Chat. on Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:11 am

Annaleah
I glanced around, noticing the tension in the air. Let's see...Ana didn't like Riddle, and Riddle was...hard to read. Ana also didn't like strangers, apparently. Maybe not even people in general. I was curious why, even though the question answered itself in a place like this. I looked at her curiously, feeling only a hint of a genuine smile on my lips. "It's Ana, hm?"

106 Re: The First Chat. on Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:27 am

Riddle:

"Yes. Ana. My parents...See...They claimed they named me for the sake of the internal rhyme scheme..." She rolled her eyes. From what I ever heard from T.Mor, his parents were...WEIRD. Like...I dunno. He never explained HOW wierd...But...Yeah. "And you said your name was?" She returned. Maybe bad crap wouldn't happen.

T.Mor:

I walked through my door, pleased to see that it hadn't been forced. "I'm home." I said, as I walked in, hitting all three deadbolts.

"T.Mor...Who are these people?" My sister asked me before I could even peel off my mask, or take off my boots.

"They're my friends. They'll be staying for a bit. OK?" I asked, already knowing where this was going. She did the same thing to August basically.

"Friends? Or escaped CONVICTS?" She asked, looking betrayed already.

"NO-- ANA...IT'S NOT...Why do you...Look. They just need a place to stay for a bit." I tried to explain calmly. "They're from out of town."

"And you send them home before your shift ends? And Expect me to let them IN? AND THEN TELL THEM IT'S OK TO KNOCK DOWN MY DOOR--" Ana got all hysterical like this sometimes...And it was technically my door.

"MY DOOR. You...Are unemployed. Remember?" I pointed out irritatedly. "Look. Do you want to discuss this upstairs?" I asked, Not wanting to go through this whole mess in front of everyone.

"FINE!!" Ana stormed upstairs, looking half enraged and half on the verge of tears.

"Excuse me..." I threw my mask onto the table and followed her upstairs.

"Well...Can't say that was...Unexpected..." Riddle muttered behind me.

107 Re: The First Chat. on Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:38 am

Annaleah
I looked at Riddle. "Really?" Actually, it seemed like everything I'd expected had been wrong, so far. So I shouldn't have been surprised. I sighed, sweeping my hair over my shoulder. "Suddenly...my own sister seems a lot more charming. More interesting, no, but...charming."

Cricket glanced around the room. "Never really understood those relationships...but then, 'v'never 'ad a sibling."

"They're like built-in friends for life," I answered. After a moment I added, "Or enemies, as the case may be."

108 Re: The First Chat. on Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:46 am

Riddle:

A door slammed upstairs...Followed by some yelling...Followed by another door....Ugh. This is why I hate Ana. She runs and yells. AT THE SAME TIME. So...Frustrating. Anywho. "Yeah...Ana might not DO much, but she wants to run the house...She's downright...Manipulative or something...I dunno. Basically I don't like her because she gets mad at me about eating her silverware...But T.Mor... She makes him so mad." I think it was something about their parents or money or something...I dunno. "Why? What is your sister like? IS SHE MADE OF PLASTIC?" I asked. It would definitely be different from Ana then....

Above me, more yelling happened. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'WHAT'LL THEY EAT'? WE MANAGED ON HALF WHAT WE HAVE BEFORE THE PROMOTION!!" I could hear T.Mor shout. "YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TELL ME WHAT TO DO IN MY OWN HOUSE!! I PAY THE BILLS!!" He continued. The walls are like paper here...Never noticed that before. Wierd. I wonder if they taste like paper too...

109 Re: The First Chat. on Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:53 am

Annaleah
I winced inwardly at the shouting, and then anwered easily, "No, she's just too...self-rightious, stuck up." Authorative and manipulative also came to mind, though she was always more sly about it than running and screaming.

110 Re: The First Chat. on Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:06 am

Riddle:

Something shattered upstairs. I kinda wished they hadn't made it out of the room, but then...T.Mor's face as this kinda thing happens isn't always fun to see. "Oh. Not plastic then...Well...Ok." I replied to Leah. Her sister sounded loads nicer than Ana. Ana was just...Crazy. Or something...T.Mor did everything for her though...I thought he was an idiot for it, but meh.

"I'M NOT LETTING CONVICTS STAY IN OUR PARENT'S HOUSE!! AND WITH YOU...HAVING THAT...JOB..." Ana yelled. She always guilt tripped him. Always. "I MEAN..." And then she got quiet.

Stompety stomp of T.Mor's boots. Another door. "LET ME SELL THE HOUSE THEN!!"

"JUST...JUST...GET OUT THEN IF YOU WON'T LISTEN!!" Ana was kicking him out again? Oh...T.Mor...Why? I mean...He was my friend, but he could be so easily...messed with. I mean...he paid for the place...

T.Mor stormed back downstairs, and went straight through us all to get outside. Didn't even stop. Oh. Ana...I just wanted to punch her bones...With carrots...SO MUCH.

111 Re: The First Chat. on Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:14 am

Cricket
I saw that look in T.Mor's eyes, and it was the look of someone who desperately wanted to be alone. I also saw the look in Leah's eyes, which was the look of someone who desperately needed to comfort. This was conflicting. I gently tugged her hand back to stay, but she slipped past me anyhow. "T.Mor," she called gently, and was out the door.

112 Re: The First Chat. on Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:27 am

T.Mor:

I realise that sitting right outside my house is probably not what she meant. But nonetheless, I was sitting right outside of my house, under the kitchen window. Knees up to my chest, head on knees.

Why did she always pull those cards with me? I mean the parents card...The job card...I still didn't understand her opinion of my job...I mean..She hated the job itself, but wouldn't let me sell the house...And it's not like I could quit, but if we moved I could afford more food...But again, she didn't want to sell it because of the whole parents thing...And really...Ugh. What did she expect me to be? The INTERNET?

I heard my name. "What." I muttered in recognition. If it was my sister I was seriously going to smack her.

113 Re: The First Chat. on Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:40 am

Annaleah
I studied him from the doorway, biting my lip. "It's just me," I said cautiously, and smiled. "Can I sit with you?"

114 Re: The First Chat. on Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:43 am

T.Mor:

Oh. Not my sister then. Ok. I looked at my knees. "I...I guess." I told my knees.

115 Re: The First Chat. on Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:50 am

Annaleah
I slid down the wall next to him, resting my chin in my hand. "You know...you're really brave, you know that?"

116 Re: The First Chat. on Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:54 am

T.Mor:

What? How did that...? "I think the term you're looking for is 'monster' actually..." I corrected her. I sat for a moment in silence. Then I remembered my manners. "And...I'm sorry you had to listen to all that crap..." I apologised for that atrocious welcoming. My sister...Ugh.

117 Re: The First Chat. on Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:58 am

Annaleah
"No no, it's fine," I said, and paused a moment. "And I assure you T.mor, I tend to think things through before I say them. When I said brave I meant it."

118 Re: The First Chat. on Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:04 pm

T.Mor:

"Care to explain that then? I'm...Having trouble seeing it." I said. I still couldn't look at her. I stared at the building in front of me, chin on knees.

119 Re: The First Chat. on Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:16 pm

Annaleah
I looked at him. "Are you kidding? You just broke two kids out of prison, risking your job and yourself for near-strangers. You didn't stop to worry about what might happen, you simply...went for it. And you don't think of yourself as brave?"

120 Re: The First Chat. on Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:23 pm

T.Mor:

"Cricket is a friend. See... Here- In Auda- I don't have a lot of those. And the one I have is immortal. If I left you there...You would have probably been skinned alive. And...well...That's not right...I don't think...I mean...I don't know. And...I hate my job." That was the understatement of the year, I believe. I sighed. "It was human decency. Something this place needs a few more metric tonnes of." I explained.

121 Re: The First Chat. on Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:28 pm

Annaleah
"Decency or not, you risked a lot for it," I added. "I just want to say thank you."

122 Re: The First Chat. on Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:33 pm

T.Mor:

She was thanking me...Uhm. Ok. "Uhm. You're welcome?" I replied uneasily.

I still had no idea what to do about my sister...I mean...Unless Riddle already punched her...But I couldn't be mean to her like that, I mean...She was my sister. But at the same time...This was a mess. And people not from here ate a lot...And I mean...Ugh. I sighed again.

123 Re: The First Chat. on Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:45 pm

Annaleah
My smiled faded a little, and I rested my head on my knees. "Are you going to be alright, with all of us here?" By the looks of him, he didn't even have enough food for himself. I could cope, and Cricket didn't eat much anyhow, but I still didn't like the idea of taking from someone who had nothing.

124 Re: The First Chat. on Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:52 pm

T.Mor:

"It..I can make it work...We...Just have to get unkicked out...Don't worry. I can make a cup of jello and a piece of melba toast last three weeks...My sister though..." I rolled my eyes. She was so...Controlling. I mean...This wasn't even her house. "And I mean...It's just...I can't give her everything." I admitted, leaning my head back against the wall of my house.

125 Re: The First Chat. on Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:01 pm

Annaleah
Three weeks. My stomach felt empty just thinking about that. "How do you put up with it all?"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum