An exclusive Character Chatting site for the very best of Inkpop.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The First Chat.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

51 Re: The First Chat. on Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:46 pm

Leslie

"I know," Peter said. "They won't shut up. I think I'll need to make that soundproof shield after all."

"So you were being serious?" I asked.

"Yeah," he answered in a tone that said it should be obvious.

"And how do you intend to make this shield? Magic?"

"Energy. I surround the group with a dome of completely still air. Physics takes care of the rest."

"So magic."

"Not magic at all!" He grumbled again.

52 Re: The First Chat. on Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:50 pm

Cricket
"You're talking too, friend," I murmered, but was otherwise completely silent when walking. The good thing about being small was it makes light footsteps a hell of a lot easier. Annaleah followed behind me, equally light-footed. Apparently she'd had a lot of practice, sneaking out of her house.

53 Re: The First Chat. on Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:59 pm

T.Mor:

"That...That should work." I said, surprised that they had a plan.

Riddle:

So. I woke up today and then I watched my shrine box. YouTube was on. I loved that show. There was always some wierd 12 singing or...someone playing videogames...or...just plain old wierd crap on there. It made me happy in mah SOUL.

Where did I put my leg? Oh. Right. I threw myself one leggedly off my bed and pulled my favourite bony leg out of my closet. It still had the combat boot on and everything. Man. I was good at chucking this thing. I should do it as a hobby. 'LEG-CHUCKING: THE PRO-SPORT'. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME. So. yeah. I got my leg on straight, and started making my midafternoon rounds. Because...I didn't really have anything better to do. Except run recklessly through the halls and try to figure out which guard was T.Mor. Or play videogames and try to remember where I put all my caffieneated goods. I could never remember. Whatever.

My dad also hated it when I did that...The running through the halls thing. Which was part of the fun. I mean...One day...I made him so mad...Dude. Yeah. It burned like acid down the back of my throat the next day...actually...maybe it WAS acid down the back of my throat...but...IT WAS SO WORTH IT. Yeah.

So. Without further ado, I went outside into the hall, barely remembering to grab my hair chopstick. That thing was handy...for lobotomising people...or eating things that you needed to poke with sticks...or...whatever.

54 Re: The First Chat. on Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:47 pm

Leslie

We'd left the prisons and entered what looked like the main part of the building. God, this place was a flippin' maze! How were we supposed to find anything in here?

I looked up as a strange-looking girl entered the hallway we were in.

"Um...hello, Riddle," Peter started awkwardly. He knew this girl? "Do you think you can tell us how to get out of here?"

"I hope you realize you're invisible," I told him condescendingly.

"I know that!" he retorted.

55 Re: The First Chat. on Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:51 pm

Riddle:

PETER'S VOICE SPOKE TO ME FROM THE MIDDLE TALLNESS SECTION OF THE SKY. Holy crap."Peter's VOICE? How did you get here? Where's the rest of you? DID YOU SELL IT FOR SPARE PARTS?" I asked. People always sold wierd things for spare parts. Like this one guy....and his kidney. DUDE. BEST INVESTMENT EVER. Oh. Right Peter's voice.

"Erm. If you tell me where your body went I'll walk your voice to the door." I said. This seemed fair.

56 Re: The First Chat. on Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:58 pm

Leslie

Okay...this girl was a lunatic.

"No, Riddle, I'm just invisible," Peter explained patiently. "I'm still right here in one piece. You just can't see me. But yes, I'd appreciate it if you could show us the door, please."

How could he stand to be so...forgiving with her? I could already tell that she was mental!

"You're right about that," he said quietly to me. "She has a...troubled past."

"Were...were you reading my thoughts?!" I demanded.

"Yes. You have amusing thoughts."

"I don't know how you're doing it, but cut it out!" I whacked him on the forehead with the base of my hand.

"Ow!"

57 Re: The First Chat. on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:04 pm

Riddle:

Well. That would explain it wouldn't it. I should'a thought of that. "Oh. Invisible. I see." I massacred the phrase in the same way my dad did. "Which door though? There's like...A lot. Doors to outside? Doors to more inside? Doors to...Actually there's one that leads to a brick wall... I know all the doors. You just have to know the right one." I said. Really...He should know to be more specific. He's known me before. And my grasp of the language. And...Wait. Am I wearing socks on my one foot that wears socks? Yes. Ok.

58 Re: The First Chat. on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:08 pm

Leslie

"Right, sorry," Peter said. "A door that leads outside. We're trying to get to T.Mor's house."

Seriously? When someone asks you to lead them to the door, and they just say "the door," they almost always mean the door that goes outside! And...what was up with this girl's leg?! I just noticed that...

59 Re: The First Chat. on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:13 pm

Riddle:

"T.MORS? OH. You should'a just said so!" I started routing toward the front door. Screw rioters. The front door was the fastest way. "Wait...Have you seen T.Mor? I haven't found him today yet. He is a ninja at occupational hide and seek." I said as I walked. Hmm...Where was I? I looked at a door. I can't read, I remembered. OH RIGHT. I knew where I was again. I took a turn down a nearly identical hallway. I hated the architecture here. It hurt my brain. And my brian. Which is just brain spelt wrong. So, basically the same thing. "Come on invisible Peter who is actually not just Peter's voice."

60 Re: The First Chat. on Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:25 pm

((*protests the new font*))

Leslie

I heard Peter chuckle quietly to himself at Riddle's antics.

"We were just talking to T.Mor," Peter told Riddle. "He told us to stay at his house until his shift was up. We're actually sneaking Cricket and Annaleah out. They're right here with us. Have you met them? I think you've at least met Cricket..."

"Does everyone around here know each other?" I asked, exasperated.

"For the most part," Peter answered. "Anyway, Riddle, T.Mor's still down in the prisons."

61 Re: The First Chat. on Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:33 pm

Cricket
Aye, the girl with the faceless parent...I remembered her. Actually, she was a bit hard to forget. Whenever I thought of her random words came to mind...bacon. See?

"Actually, I don't really know any of you," Annaleah said. "This whole situation is a bit new to me, as a matter of fact. Now how many people can say that they've been turned invisible by a...what do you call yourself, anyhow?" She looked at the new girl.

62 Re: The First Chat. on Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:39 pm

((So. Bold looks nicer to me too...))

Riddle:

I remembered Cricket...My dad let him escape that one time to get a beverage for...something. Yeah. "Oh. So...You have more invisible people with you? That's kinda...awesome." I grinned. I unlooked at the girl voice. "I'M RIDDLE. I would ask to shake your hand , but you probably can't on account of being a toast related thing or some stupid crap like that...so...I'll shake it later when I can actually see it. OK?" I asked. I learned from T.Mor that shaking hands was polite when you met new people. Not asking them about asparagus. Apparently...that's just not polite. I still don't really understand.

"T.Mor's shift is downstairs today? Hmm... He'll be mad later then. Or...something. He acts funny after shifts down there. I dunno why. Maybe the air is bad." I said. He didn't like to be bothered down there. "Well...Ok. Let's roll then. He knows how to find his own house. Because...Well...It's his house. duh." I reminded myself. We walked down another hallway and hit a staircase. Crap. Staircase. What do?

We went up the stairs. Because. Well...That's where I think I had to go. Best if I don't think about it too hard actually. If I think I might screw it up again...I hate getting lost from trying to remember. I wonder if Ana Namechov has any silverware I can eat...She gets so angry when I do that though...

We continued walking. Wait. I know that. Why do I have to say that? Meh. Whatever.

63 Re: The First Chat. on Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:43 pm

Leslie

"My name's Leslie," I said as we walked, avoiding Annaleah's question. She was technically asking what I was, not who I was...but most mortals didn't react very well when I told them what I was.

...Actually, I've never told any mortals, but I assume that the reaction would be pretty bad. Mundane just...don't get it.

And wait, did Riddle say...toast?

"No, we're not ghosts," Peter told Riddle. "We're still completely solid. But yeah, it would be better to shake hands when you can actually see the hand you want to shake."

"Dude, I could've sworn she said 'toast,' not 'ghost,'" I said.

"That's what Riddle calls ghosts. Toast."

"Um...okay..."

64 Re: The First Chat. on Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:46 pm

Annaleah
This girl was absolutely insane. It was intriguing. I wouldn't have minded at all, except that she was the one leading us out of the building. "Well, nice to meet you Leslie and Riddle," I said quietly, chuckling to myself at the toast thing. The name fit.

65 Re: The First Chat. on Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:51 pm

Riddle:

"Pleasure to unsee you." I said. I used another dad word. It was funny. I never thought I'd be able to do that.

So. While not thinking about where I was going, I thought instead about the invisible people behind me. WHY WERE THEY HERE? yeah. That's as far as I got. "So...Why're ya'll here?" I like compounded words. They make my dad angry. I like making him angry, because he doesn't like me.

66 Re: The First Chat. on Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:57 pm

Leslie

"I shifted here after a scatter order," Peter replied. Whatever he meant by that. "Pure luck."

"I had an arcane spell failure," I put in. "I was practicing my teleportation...and it went horribly wrong. And I'm just sticking around until I can revoke whatever magic Peter's using."

"I told you, I'm not using any magic!" he said, still annoyed.

"Says you! But you are, whether you know it or not."

"I know that I'm not!"

67 Re: The First Chat. on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:03 pm

Cricket
"Fell through a door." Leah and I said in unison. I blinked. "Wait...you remember now too?"

"Oi, it came to me a few minutes ago. We were in the electricity storage room, and there was a door wedged in a corner. I think we just fell through it--"

"And landed on a pile of boxes. That makes absolutely--"

"No sense whatsoever! I know, but I remember it, and so do you, so it must have happened...I'm only trying to figure out how it's all possible." She looked like someone trying to put a puzzle peice in the wrong spot.

68 Re: The First Chat. on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:09 pm

Leslie

"That's how August got here," Peter said. "Fell through an electrical closet."

"August?" I asked.

"August Nimbly," he explained. "Whiny brat. You should hope you don't meet him, but you just might." He paused. "Come to think of it, Riddle, is August staying with Ana at T.Mor's? Where is the kid, anyway?"

"If he sounds as bad as you say, why do you care?"

"Eh, the kid can't really...function on his own. And he's annoying, but that doesn't mean he deserves to die. You can wind up dead pretty quickly in this place... If Mr. Face got his hands on the kid?" I heard Peter shudder.

Last edited by Shimo no Ninryu on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

69 Re: The First Chat. on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:15 pm

Riddle:

"Well...That's kinda cool." I said absentmindedly, trying to figure out if I was going in circles or not. After a minute...AHA!! YES! That hall. Cool I knew where I was now. Sorta. "August went home...The plot doesn't need him here currently." I explained.

"SURPRISE LEFT TURN YA'LL." I called behind me. And then...Oh.

There was a tall dude. Not just any tall dude...My dad the tall dude. THE TALL DUDE. Like...all caps like. Crap. I stopped in my combat booted tracks.

He looked at me. Unlooked whatever. "Riddle. What on Erf are you doing here? You have no buisness being here. Go away." He told me all...irritated like.

"IMMA GOIN TO MAH FRIENDS' HOUSE. Ok?" I informed him all...Imformatively.

"Is it silverware night at the Namechov's? I was...Unaware. Do try to die in a fire on your way back, ok?" He told me with a pointy toothed grin.

"I'll just get soot all over the front hall that way then." I said with a grin.

"And you will clean it in blood I assume?" He replied, raising an unbrow.

"Yeah. Blood. Whatever." I was bored now. Either he was going to try to kill me, or he wasn't. whatever.

70 Re: The First Chat. on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:19 pm

Cricket
Well shoot.

And he could hear us.

Oi my my.

71 Re: The First Chat. on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:28 pm

Leslie

"What the Hell is up with this guy?!" I demanded, completely forgetting that we were supposed to be silent. Peter never did make that shield, because...we had been silent for a while. "I'm sorry. My bad. This was completely on me."

"Nice going!" Peter snapped. "Ugh, it doesn't matter. He can hear our breathing anyway."

"This is a bad situation, isn't it?" I asked.

"You think?!" he retorted.

"Details? Quick rundown."

"Name: Mr. Face. Dictator of Auda. Can 'see' you with echolocation. Dangerous and sadistic."

"Thank you. I reckon we gee-tee-eff-oh now, yes?"

"If we knew the way out."

"Excellent."

72 Re: The First Chat. on Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:11 am

Riddle:

Well. I was pretty sure that the invisible people talking was making crap worse. I mean...It could've just been dad having a bad day. Anywho, he unlooked at them for a second, before moving his head to be unlooking at me again. "Who are those people?" He asked curiously. "What buisiness do they have here?"

"Erm...Well." It was lying time. I was gonna make crap up like the wind. I would be swift as a taco. Like butter on AIR. "They're invisible ambassadors from...The city a three quarter turn away from SInk Pump...and some miles before the pixellation." I lied geographically. "And...Uhm. They wanted to come see...The hallways...and the architecture...Oh yes. And the peasant fires." I lied some more. I was good at lying. I looked straight at his unface to see whether he bought that bucket of crap or not.

"Proof? Forgive me for not taking you at your word Riddle...I have found that your word is worth very little to me in the grand scheme of things." Mr.Face leaned over her ominously before turning to the 'invisible' people. He bent over to be at eye level with everyone."I grant you this opprotunity to prove to me you really ARE ambassadors from...What did you call it Riddle? Three Quarter Turn And Some Miles Away From SInk Pump? No difference really if its purely a fabrication..." He straightened himself back up, carefully smoothing out the bend lines in his suit jacket. "I mean...Either way you will get to see the great peasant fires of Auda...Will you not?" He grinned.

"That's not nice. Setting people on fire just because you don't believe me?" I said.

"I could just set you on fire either way I suppouse. That works too..." He grinned further.

73 Re: The First Chat. on Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:20 pm

Leslie

"Just try setting me on fire, and I'll cut your throat," I said smoothly.

"Leslie!" Peter said in some shade of disbelief.

"What?" I asked. "I'm just saying. I don't particularly want to be set on fire, especially not by a freakish faceless mort--" Ah, whoops. "Neeeevermind!"

"What were you about to say?" he asked suspiciously. And I'm pretty sure he thought I was crazy by now. "Mortal?"

"Nooo..."

"What then, if not that?"

"Um..."

74 Re: The First Chat. on Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:58 pm

Riddle:

Did she almost say the word that I think she was going to say? Oh...Someone else like me?? WE SHOULD TOTALLY DO LUNCH.

"Did...Did you call me...A mortal?" Mr.Face made an unface. He clearly heard the same thing I did. "Are you then...Implying, by the condescending use of the term...That you...Are not a mortal? Riddle, I have sufficiently confirmed my assertion that your tale was full of lies. You may want to inform me as to what is really going on here, or I may be forced to take you and your new...co-immortal Downstairs, and hook you up to my new...Toys." He grinned, completely disregarding Leslie's not so subtle threat. "I hear 20,000 volts is unpleasant whether you can live through it or not." He threatened vaguely. "And be assured...You will get...Special attention--Just for the insult." He 'looked' at the invisible chick.

We were so screwed. So...Very screwed. ROYALLY SCREWED. "You guys couldn't have just gone along with my lie?" I turned around and unlooked at them.

"An admission of guilt? From you? The epitome of petulance? Shocker." My dad said, sounding all surprised. Ok. So normally I keep up the charade longer than this..But...I just...People on fire are ok. People I know on fire...Ok.. well, that would be funny too, but...T.Mor would probably be royally PO'ed.

75 Re: The First Chat. on Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:23 pm

Cricket
Well. Here goes a dumb idea. "Pardon, pardon, I'm a bit flustered at th' moment...I mean...are you the Mr. Face? Th' actual dictator?" I grinned even though he couldn't see it. "Damn! This is...this is an honor! You're, well, an idol! I've always found it fascinating! 'Ow in th' universe did you ever make your way t' th' 'igh position in Auda? Ah...pardon me asking but...do you give autographs?"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum